Monday, November 15

Cakestand!



I made a cakestand out of bits of spare crockery, isn't it sweet? 

The turquoise saucer is melamine by Texas Ware, the middle plate is by Royal Doulton and the dinner plate by Meakin. I thought it would be nice to see the designs in the centre of the plates so I used glasses instead of cups and the stripey base is an upturned (and rather chipped - so happy to upcycle) sugarbowl by Hornsea. 

We've been laser-cutting at uni for the Mill Road Winter Fair (a huge arts, crafts, food and local culture street fair held in early December in Cambridge) as we have a stall to raise money for our Degree Show. I'm so excited to display our line of brooches on this here cakestand. Yum!


7 comments:

Rebecca said...

How lovely!

Francesca said...

that is indeed very sweet anna. x

silverpebble said...

Sweet? It's divine.

silverpebble said...

Hold up, hold up - the Mill Road Winter Fair? I have a stall, I'm telling you. I will see you there!

shellie said...

a sweet looking thing for sweet things...very cute!

Victoria Whincup said...

There is no end to your talents. It would be nice to see some pictures of the Mill Road Fair...and the broaches!

red-handed said...

Really inventive; I wish I was handier like this.