Monday, September 6

I love lamp. I think.


Well, even if it is a bit of an odd one, I still quite like it. The lampshade was from a charity shop on our last trip up north, and the bottle was in the "hardcore" skip at the recycling centre a couple of weeks ago. I swapped it for some sheets of horrid non-reflective glass that I wanted rid of since I've decided to stop picture framing. Bottle lamp kit was £3 from ebay and hey presto!

I remember my auntie having a bottle lamp when I was little that she'd filled with yellow periwinkle shells like these. I loved it!

Any thoughts on what I should fill mine with? Or leave it empty?

13 comments:

writergirl said...

Just leave it that way. It's perfect! :)

http://randomwriter707.blogspot.com/

nath said...

it's lovely! how about beach glass? sure it'd be slow gong but it'd look so pretty. but it looks great anyhow!

nath said...

p.s. i found lots of periwinkles on my cornish camping trip. they really remind me of childhood too, because of the lovely seaside-y Ladybird book i used to love reading.

Unknown said...

I love it! just the way it is- clear, clean, pure. great job.

Anna Betts said...

Thanks all! I love the beach glass idea Nath, that would be so beautiful but like you say rather slow work... It might be a good excuse for more beach trips though!

Galit said...

Wow I love it!!!
I would leave it empty. I like the kind of minimalistic, clean look of it.

Maria Cininha said...

Hello, I enjoyed your blog, I always come back here

Anonymous said...

Scotch eggs and jelly beans please

shellie said...

i dont know...the shells are kind of cool....

Unknown said...

Layers of natural and blue colored sand would look neat.

Francesca said...

love it anna. i think i'd leave it. although brightly coloured felt balls sprang to mind for some reason! x

kate dyer said...

Marbles! Beautiful swirly bluey green ones. You might need quite a lot though...

Jamie said...

I love it, too! It's beautifully simple. I love it empty, but it would also look lovely filled with driftwood pebbles.