Monday, May 10

Echo and Narcissus

















This is a series of prints I've been working on based on the tragic greek tale of Echo and Narcissus. I've used a mixture of lino printing for Echo and flat perfect colour for Narcissus who falls in love with his reflection in the story. I really like the second print which shows the mother and child, and the reflection of yellow as a metaphor for love which I use through the sequence. I's probably really unclear still so I'll be taking quotes from the story and using them to title the prints to help the viewer along a bit.

I'm quite glad it's all done at last, it was quite a mission planning it all out and getting it done. Phew!

3 comments:

flowerpress said...

I love these, especially the first one :-)

red-handed said...

Oh ... I love how quiet these are.

Sam said...

This is so fantastically imaginative. I love the second print as well, and also the third and fifth. Work such as this inspires me to get back into my studio...